Monday, March 30, 2009

Still Waiting to Hear

There are so many factors that will determine when I go to Chicago. Whether or not I'm cast in the upcoming summer season at our local rep theatre. Dave's summer situation. Dave's fall situation. Money. Jobs. All of that stuff.

I'll admit, I'm a bit scared about this move. We have a houseful of furniture and tchochkes, plus a garage, a garden shed, an entire storage unit, two offices, three geriatric cats and two lives that are currently on different schedules. I don't know how we're going to do it all.

My plan, such as it is, is to pack things up gradually. Things we know we won't need for a while. Like all of those stacks of books in the basement. Like winter clothing (if it ever stops being winter here). Like gardening tools, since I know I won't have a garden this summer no matter where I'm living. I either won't have the time (here) or the garden (Chicago). Still, it's a daunting enterprise, and I'm not looking forward to it.

What I am looking forward to is my life two or so years from now, when everything is unpacked (including my heart) and we are settled into our new city, our new community, our new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment