Sunday, May 17, 2009

Art Institute

I'm winding down from the semester and cleaning and organizing and meeting some deadlines this week, so nothing new here. Unless you want to read my blatherings on my strange reluctance to buy a plane ticket.

Instead, I'd like to direct you to my friend Heather's blog, where she waxes rhapsodic about the newest changes at the Chicago Art Institute. Be sure to read her comment there as well. It's even more detailed than her post about why the Art Institute is such a fabulous place.

I got to trundle through it with Heather and Chris (a fellow alum) when I was in Chicago last July. It was lovely and they were very VERY patient with me and my slow pace and my tears (art makes me emotional) and my gawking. If you want my impressions from that morning's visit, you can click on the link in this paragraph.

I still can't believe I'll be in the same city soon.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the Cornell wall of boxes (maybe 20 or so of them) will make you weep. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete