Sunday, April 12, 2009

Marking Time

I don't really have anything much to say about the move right now. Aside from the fact that I need to start working on resumes and CVs and cover letters and pestering the people I know about job possibilites. (People like the CEO's and academics I know. Surely someone needs a secretary or adjunct faculty.) So mostly, this post--and the next few that follow it--is my way of making sure Chicagosity stays active in our heads until I have real things to post about.

Where I seem to be now is in that No Man's Land between knowing and doing. And because my schedule is the way it is right now, it's mostly just about the knowing. (Like after you've heard you've been accepted into the university of your dreams, but you still have to graduate from high school before you can get started in college.) Some doing can happen, but until the weather changes and seems serious about it, I'm not boxing up my winter gear. And until my schedule calms down a bit, I'm not even thinking about packing up my office (either office--home or school). Which means probably another two or three weeks of marking time and treading water move-wise before I can actually start making things happen in a more concrete way.

No comments:

Post a Comment